LDtk allows you to export your project to
TMX files, along with the normal LDtk
This feature ONLY exists as a temporary method to load a LDtk project JSON in a game framework that only supports TMX files.
It is strongly advised to parse the LDtk JSON file to get the best results.
How to enable Tiled export
- Because of LDtk ability to stack multiple tiles in a single grid cell, tiles (from tile layers or auto-layers) might be exported as multiple Tiled layers.
- IntGrid layer type: the array of Integer values is exported as a tile layer with a dummy tilesheet containing small plain squares.
- Array of values in Entities: Tiled only supports basic types like
Float. Therefore, any array of value in LDtk will be exported to sequential values in Tiled properties (eg. an Array of Int
"myArray" = [10,6,15]will become the following properties in Tiled:
myArray_0 = 10,
myArray_1 = 6and
myArray_2 = 15)
- Points and Enums value types: they will be exported as
- Entity coordinates: the pixel coordinate of an Entity will always be based on its top-left corner. However, you can retrieve LDtk original coordinate values using the following Tiled properties :
__anchorX/__anchorY(pixel coordinates) and
__cx/__cy(grid based coordinate).